Cranberry sauce is a classic staple for thanksgiving. It goes well with turkey and stuffing.Cranberry sauce makes the seasons bright and it brings holiday magic.I love cranberry sauce I make it every year because I love the tart with the sweet yum yum.I have been making cranberry sauce for years .I used to buy the cranberry sauce in the can and it got boring.Making cranberry sauce from scratch is a lot fresher and better. You can add your own flavor and spices make it unique to your flavor.My cranberry sauce I added a cinnamon stick star anise and vanilla extract they add a very unique flavor.You can change it up to the flavors you like or you can leave it plain.
Let’s get onto the cranberry sauce:
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1-1/4 cups orange juice
1-1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 star anise
2 cinnamon sticks
1. Place all of the ingredients in a medium size pan.
2. Bring to a boil for 5-7 minutes.
3. When the cranberries starts to pop,lower heat and simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove for heat and pour into a serving dish or container let cool. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight for flavors to mingle.
5. This cranberry sauce is really delicious I hope you enjoy it.
Now that we are in the depths of summer and a stones throw away from fall.I decided to make a summer style pasta salad using other than the usual elbow and Bowtie pasta.I decided to use orzo pasta it resembles long grain rice.So in this pasta salad I used Italian dressing to dress the pasta instead of the usual mayo based dressing.I used red onions, parmesan and Italian seasoning to add color and taste.This salad also has tomatoes and corn in it to give it a summer mouth feel.
This orzo salad is easy to make and very delicious.This pasta salad can be a meal by its self or apart of a meal as a side dish.You can bring it with you to a picnic or as a romantic dish accompanied with wine.You can add meat to it or you can leave it vegan.I think you will love this dish because it so easy to make in less than 30 minutes viola you’ll be done.So lets get to the ingredients and the directions.
1-1/2 Cups Orzo Pasta
2 Tbsps red onions-finely chopped
1/2 Cups tomatoes(grape or cherry )-cut into quarters
1/3 Cup red bell pepper-chopped
3 Tbsps fresh or frozen corn
2-3 tbsps shredded or grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dill-fresh or dried
3 tbsps Italian dressing
- Cook orzo according to package.
- Once pasta is done cooking, immediately drain and transfer to bowl.
- Add tomatoes,peppers,onions and corn and stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Add Italian dressing,dill and parmesan cheese and stir until pasta mix is totally covered.
- Tranfer to a serving dish and refrigerator and let it chill for 1-2 hours
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
- Peaceful Eatings!!