Candy Cane Truffles are so delicious what a way to treat the season.Peppermint and Chocolate are like a marriage made in heaven.The nice spicy mint taste on the outside with the sweet taste of white chocolate.They make the perfect pair.They have some crushed peppermints in them to give you a hint of peppermint surprise.This made with golden cookies and white chocolate.This is traditionally made with dark chocolate cookie and dark chocolate but I decide to go out side of the box.These truffles not that sweet the white chocolate and the golden cookies are nice together.So if you make these you will how delicious they are.
These truffle are the perfect holiday treat once you have one you won’t be able to eat one.They are just that good.These are good for your holiday parties or just for you and your family.They are easy to make and take about 30 minutes to make and maybe 30 minutes in your refrigerator and that’s how simple and easy it is.The recipe can be doubled.
15 Golden Sandwich Cookies
7 tbsps vanilla frosting
2 candy canes-(crushed)
1/2 cup white or chocolate chips
2 tsps vegetable oil
- Put cookies into a food processor and grind into crumbs.
- Put the cookie crumbs to a bowl and add the frost. Mix with a spoon or spatula until completely mixed.
- Now fill a sauce pan with a 1/2 cup of water and boil the water.Once the water has boiled place a medium bowl on top of sauce pan and turn the heat down low.
- Add the chocolate chips into bowl and with a whisk or spatula stir until chocolate chips have all melted.
- Take the balls of dough and dip them into the chocolate.Set them on a wax paper line plate or baking sheet.
- Place them into the refrigerator and let them set for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Now place them on a serving dish and Enjoy!!
- Happy Holiday!!
When it comes to pasta dishes I love to experiment with different ingredients.Pasta is very versatile you can take from nothing to something in less than 30 minutes and voila’ there goes dinner.So with this pasta dish I used spaghetti to make a cold pasta salad.I added pesto and some other ingredients to pull this whole dish together.This a anytime pasta dish you can make.It could be apart of your holiday repertoire.Its’s easy and quick to make .I have made this several times and its delicious.
This pasta salad has shrimp and broccolini florets in it.I used cooked shrimp to make it easy to throw to together in minutes.I used store bought pesto but you can make your own and I added some lemon juice to the pesto to give it a zing.I put some more parmesan cheese in the pesto.I topped the salad with halved grape tomatoes and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.You will enjoy this pasta salad its so good.you can have this some garlic bread and some excellent white wine.
- 8 oz Spaghetti Pasta
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 garlic clove -minced
- 1/3 cup grape or cherry tomatoes -halved
- 1 tbsp chopped purple onions
- Broccoli or Broccolini florets
- 8-12 cooked shrimp
- 2 tbsps shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup store bought or homemade pesto
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the pesto.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the garlic and broccoloini florets saute until they are soft.Add the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and stir.
Drain the pasta and Stir in the pesto,broccolini florets , garlic, onions and lemon juice .
Transfer pasta to a serving dish and Add the shrimp, tomatoes and parmesan cheese on top of the pasta. Cover the pasta salad and place it into the refrigerator and let it chill for 2 hrs.
- Serve with with garlic bread and enjoy!!!
Gingerbread Men and Christmas go hand and hand like macaroni and cheese.One can’t do without the other.The spice in this cookie are like a marriage made in holiday heaven.Oh my the explosion of cloves,cinnamon and ginger are right on the money. Molasses sweet like honey and the dark brown adds more of a molasses mouth feel that ride the waves of the flavor profile.The gingerbread men are topped with mini m&ms and to hold them is a easy cookie ice made with 2 ingredients.
I decorated these as if a child decorated them.I wanted to bring the inner child out of me and bring it to life with silly cookie decorating!You can make these cookies with your kids and have loads of fun with them.You can make these cookies at anytime of the year.Make the them for valentines day and decorate them with valentines decorations.Now we can focus on Christmas and how to make these cookies.
- 1/2 Cup Butter-1 stick of Butter
- 1/2 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg room temp
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsps ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in the molasses,egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk until mixed.
- Add in the flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into a flat disk and wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut into gingerbread men shapes and transfer them to parchment lined pan and place them in the oven and back for 8-10 minutes or until firm around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool for 10- 20 minutes.
- Now you can decorate them with cookie icing and sprinkle or whatever you have.
Here is the simple and easy cookie icing recipes:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsps milk
1. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl and add the milk.Now stir until combined.
2.You can add food coloring to the cookie icing and make different colors for your cookies.
Have a Merry Christmas and Have Fun making these cookies.
Rocky Road Pudding is a very quick and easy recipe.Well its not really a recipe but something to throw together in less than 30 minutes. This is an excellent dessert to throw together when you are in a hurry and you have a few minutes before your guests arrive.This is a festive dessert made with chocolate, marshmallows,maraschino cherries, pecans and holiday sprinkles.My Road Pudding is not a parfait but you can make it into some make it with crushed cookies or cake and make layers.Once you make this I think you will make it again because its so easy to make and very delicious.
This dessert screams happy holidays and it will be a great addition to your dessert table.It tastes like a dream with its silky and smooth flavor.By the way the chocolate pudding isn’t from scratch its’s one of those instant puddings it actually tastes good no after taste. I’m so excited to post these Christmas recipes I feel like a kid inside.There will be more holiday recipes to come .I know these are last minute but I know you will like what I will post .
1 Box of Instant Chocolate Pudding
2 cups Milk
- In a medium or large bowl pour the chocolate mix into the bowl.
- add 2 cups of milk and whisk for 2 minutes.
- The pudding will be soft set in 5 minutes.
- Qnce the pudding is set spoon it into small bowls or glasses.
- Top with marshmallows,pecans,holiday sprinkles and maraschino cherries.
- You can serve these right away or refrigerate for a later dessert.
- Eat and Enjoy!!
- Have a awesome Christmas and a Happy New Years!!!
I love brownies and I love peppermints .I was thinking why not combined the two.That’s exactly what did..These brownie bites are dark and sweetened with cane sugar to give it a nice molasses taste.These brownies remind me of Andes candies yummy. I also added a little cinnamon for that surprise taste and a tad of cayenne pepper for a kick.These brownies bites are frosted with vanilla frosting and sprinkled with crushed peppermints.These brownie bites are so delicious you won’t be able to eat one. Make them and you’ll see what I mean.You can make these with your kids they will have fun.
These are great for just yourself or a Christmas party.These brownies will not last.They will be the rave of the party and you’ll be asked to make more because that’s how good they are.This recipes is tried and true.I know you will enjoy making them I know I did.So let’s get to the recipe .
1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1//4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of cayenne powder
1 medium candy cane -crushed
1/3 cup vanilla frosting (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease mini muffin pan with cooking spray .
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter , mix until light an fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, and mix .
- Add in the flour and cocoa powder,baking soda ,cinnamon and cayenne powder and mix thoroughly. (make sure not to over mix).
- With small ice cream scoop,
- Scoop brownie mix into the muffin pan, 1/2 way full.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 7-12 minutes.
- Frost the tops with the vanilla frosting and sprinkle the crushed peppermints on top of the brownies.
- Place them on a christmas themed serving plate or any dish you have.
- Eat and Enjoy!!!
- Have A Merry Christmas.
Cranberry sauce is a classic staple for thanksgiving. It goes well with turkey and stuffing.Cranberry sauce makes the seasons bright and it brings holiday magic.I love cranberry sauce I make it every year because I love the tart with the sweet yum yum.I have been making cranberry sauce for years .I used to buy the cranberry sauce in the can and it got boring.Making cranberry sauce from scratch is a lot fresher and better. You can add your own flavor and spices make it unique to your flavor.My cranberry sauce I added a cinnamon stick star anise and vanilla extract they add a very unique flavor.You can change it up to the flavors you like or you can leave it plain.
Let’s get onto the cranberry sauce:
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1-1/4 cups orange juice
1-1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 star anise
2 cinnamon sticks
1. Place all of the ingredients in a medium size pan.
2. Bring to a boil for 5-7 minutes.
3. When the cranberries starts to pop,lower heat and simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove for heat and pour into a serving dish or container let cool. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight for flavors to mingle.
5. This cranberry sauce is really delicious I hope you enjoy it.
Now that we are in the depths of summer and a stones throw away from fall.I decided to make a summer style pasta salad using other than the usual elbow and Bowtie pasta.I decided to use orzo pasta it resembles long grain rice.So in this pasta salad I used Italian dressing to dress the pasta instead of the usual mayo based dressing.I used red onions, parmesan and Italian seasoning to add color and taste.This salad also has tomatoes and corn in it to give it a summer mouth feel.
This orzo salad is easy to make and very delicious.This pasta salad can be a meal by its self or apart of a meal as a side dish.You can bring it with you to a picnic or as a romantic dish accompanied with wine.You can add meat to it or you can leave it vegan.I think you will love this dish because it so easy to make in less than 30 minutes viola you’ll be done.So lets get to the ingredients and the directions.
1-1/2 Cups Orzo Pasta
2 Tbsps red onions-finely chopped
1/2 Cups tomatoes(grape or cherry )-cut into quarters
1/3 Cup red bell pepper-chopped
3 Tbsps fresh or frozen corn
2-3 tbsps shredded or grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dill-fresh or dried
3 tbsps Italian dressing
- Cook orzo according to package.
- Once pasta is done cooking, immediately drain and transfer to bowl.
- Add tomatoes,peppers,onions and corn and stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Add Italian dressing,dill and parmesan cheese and stir until pasta mix is totally covered.
- Tranfer to a serving dish and refrigerator and let it chill for 1-2 hours
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
- Peaceful Eatings!!