Gingerbread Men and Christmas go hand and hand like macaroni and cheese.One can’t do without the other.The spice in this cookie are like a marriage made in holiday heaven.Oh my the explosion of cloves,cinnamon and ginger are right on the money. Molasses sweet like honey and the dark brown adds more of a molasses mouth feel that ride the waves of the flavor profile.The gingerbread men are topped with mini m&ms and to hold them is a easy cookie ice made with 2 ingredients.
I decorated these as if a child decorated them.I wanted to bring the inner child out of me and bring it to life with silly cookie decorating!You can make these cookies with your kids and have loads of fun with them.You can make these cookies at anytime of the year.Make the them for valentines day and decorate them with valentines decorations.Now we can focus on Christmas and how to make these cookies.
- 1/2 Cup Butter-1 stick of Butter
- 1/2 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg room temp
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsps ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in the molasses,egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk until mixed.
- Add in the flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into a flat disk and wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut into gingerbread men shapes and transfer them to parchment lined pan and place them in the oven and back for 8-10 minutes or until firm around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool for 10- 20 minutes.
- Now you can decorate them with cookie icing and sprinkle or whatever you have.
Here is the simple and easy cookie icing recipes:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsps milk
1. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl and add the milk.Now stir until combined.
2.You can add food coloring to the cookie icing and make different colors for your cookies.
Have a Merry Christmas and Have Fun making these cookies.