Cranberry sauce is a classic staple for thanksgiving. It goes well with turkey and stuffing.Cranberry sauce makes the seasons bright and it brings holiday magic.I love cranberry sauce I make it every year because I love the tart with the sweet yum yum.I have been making cranberry sauce for years .I used to buy the cranberry sauce in the can and it got boring.Making cranberry sauce from scratch is a lot fresher and better. You can add your own flavor and spices make it unique to your flavor.My cranberry sauce I added a cinnamon stick star anise and vanilla extract they add a very unique flavor.You can change it up to the flavors you like or you can leave it plain.
Let’s get onto the cranberry sauce:
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1-1/4 cups orange juice
1-1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 star anise
2 cinnamon sticks
1. Place all of the ingredients in a medium size pan.
2. Bring to a boil for 5-7 minutes.
3. When the cranberries starts to pop,lower heat and simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove for heat and pour into a serving dish or container let cool. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight for flavors to mingle.
5. This cranberry sauce is really delicious I hope you enjoy it.